Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas Tree Ornament: Lola

A friend asked me to make a Christmas ornament for her dog, Lola. She bought ornaments for her family and other dogs last year but didn't have one for the new pup. It had been a while since I used the scrollsaw. It took me a little to get back in the swing of it, but I think the ornament turned out well. I hope she likes it.

The hardest part of any of the ornaments is the top where it will hang from the tree. Doing circles isn't easy with my scrollsaw because it won't use spiral blades. Cutting with the straight ones in a circle is not easy. That's why none of my tops are exactly round. Still, the ornaments hang on the tree just fine. At least you can tell it says Lola. :)

I used Yucatan Rosewood for this ornament. I love the grain pattern. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, I have never used one of these. Why will you not use spiral blades?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't sure. There is something wrong with my machine because it is suppose to use the spiral blades. Most of them do.

      Delete