Thursday, September 8, 2016

Welcome Sign for a Friend

I made a sign for a friend last week. It is just a little simple sign, but it is cute and she likes it,which is the most important thing. I thought I'd show y'all what I did. It is really easy. Anyone could do it.

First, I stole a piece of scrap wood from Roy. I do this often with little pieces. I then cut out a piece of scrapbook paper the size of the board.


Next, I painted around the edges and part of the front of the sign. The parts that would show.

After that, I used decoupage to adhere the paper to the wood. I let it sit and put more coats on afterward to protect it.

Then I put some stickers on the sign for Welcome. I used brown because it stood out more.



I put a piece of scrapbook paper on the back as well, and Roy stapled a piece of fabric ribbon on for me so my friend can hang the sign.






And here it is hanging. I think it looks pretty neat for a simple design.







No comments:

Post a Comment